Military Veterans Resource Center is a Columbus-based nonprofit that provides personalized career services for veterans. We currently are recruiting for communications interns and as I was browsing the Otterbein website, I noted that you are the contact for two fields that could be of interest to us.
Our most pressing need is for a public relations intern. We are growing quickly and are finding that our media outreach is not keeping pace with our activity. We know what we want, but just don’t have the time to do it. An internship with MVRC could provide some excellent career experience for a skilled and motivated intern and could lead to a full-time position with us. Much have what you have bulleted on your website is just what we are looking for:
- Press releases and press conferences
- Partnering with our social media staff to promote our organization and activities
- Writing speeches and radio interview scripts
- Preparing our annual report to stakeholders
- Plus, interviewing veterans, coaches, employers and other partners to gather research for social media content.
I also am intrigued by what I read on your Journalism and Media Communication site. We have been mulling several veteran-related stories that fit within our social services model. If you have media students who are interested in veteran stories about adjusting to civilian life, homelessness, unemployment, etc., there may be potential for an internship with us.
Please let me know what I need to do to post an internship position with our organization. Thank you.
Personalized Career Services for Veterans
Len Proper
Executive Director
1395 E Dublin-Granville Road, Ste 350
Columbus, Ohio 43229
614-504-4359 Direct
U.S. Marine Corps veteran
No comments:
Post a Comment